Want to make God real in a broken world? Then go to Haiti with us! Tim Van Maanen is leading a Third Church mission trip to Haiti with Many Hands for Haiti November 6-15. We will build, pray, paint, sing, laugh, cry and love with our brothers and sisters in Christ. No particular skill is necessary, just a heart to help God’s people. Contact Tim Van Maanen directly at email@example.com or by cell: 641-780-6366.
We also have many volunteer needs. Contact Tim Brand, Executive Leader, to find out the best place for you to volunteer based upon your skills. Email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Like us on Facebook to view latest photos and updates.
Visit www.MH4H.org to learn how you can get involved!
Haiti is one of the poorest countries in the western hemisphere and has recently been hit hard by a major earthquake, numerous hurricanes and a cholera epidemic. Travel with a group from Iowa to serve in the mission hospital, do light contruction, work with the scholarship students for the HELP (Haitian Education and Literacy Program) in Pignon andhelp with the contruction of the new Pella Christian School. You will have the opportunity to experience a third world market, The River, visit an orphanage, pray with patients at the hospital, attend a haitian church service and by your presence, bring hope and light to this region of the world.
Pignon is located in the interior mountain region of Haiti and has a tropical climate year round. Haiti is one of the poorest countries in the world, and we will be working with Christian Mission of Pignon which has a four-fold focus:
- Enable Haitians to develop self-sustaining agriculture through
- Clean water program
- Goat program
- Farming program
- Improve healthcare through
- Sending surgical, doctor, dental and eye care teams
- Continue making improvements to the hospital complex
- Establish Christian schools in the rural areas
- Increase literacy rate
- Fund and scholarship students to attend schools
- Create and distribute Bible curriculum for schools
- Establish agricultural centers and clean water wells at each school site
- Greater Pignon Area mission initiatives
- Hope for Haiti Orphanage
- “Seminary” for future pastors